|Name:||Karl Sheldon Wacey|
|Address:||Menin 118, 664 57 Menin, Czech Republic|
|Telephone:||00420 602 765 341|
|D. O. B.:||19 September 1966|
|1987 - 1990||Liverpool University||B.A. Hons. History|
|1991 - 1992||Wirral Met. College||H.N.C. Business Management|
|April 1994||Trinity College, London||T.E.S.O.L.|
|1998 - 1999||Trinity College, London||Licentiate Diploma|
|2009 - 2011||Liverpool University||MSc. Int. Management (Distinction)|
|1990 - 1991||Liverpool Theatre School||Administrator|
|1991 - 1992||Liverpool Museum||Assistant curator|
|April 1994||Forward 2000 Training Centre||Business Management lecturer|
|1998 - 1999||Summer School in Chester||English teacher|
|2009 - 2011||Till English Academy (CR)||English teacher|
|1995, 1996||Summer School in Oxford||English teacher|
|1997 - 2003||ELC Bristol (UK)||English teacher / Hall Warden|
|1995 - 2000||Brno English Centre Ltd. (CR)||Director of Studies|
|2000 - 2002||IH/ILC Brno Ltd. (CR)||Director of Studies|
|2000 - 2002||British Council||External Oral Examiner|
|2002 - 2003||ABB Ltd. (CR)||Administrator CHTET/PTHV|
|2003 - 2009||Freelance businessman||English teacher / Proof-reader|
|2006 - 2012||Newton College||Business English teacher on the College's Undergraduate programme|
|2012 -||Freelance businessman||Online English teacher|
Teaching experience - classroom time
I have been teaching English as a foreign language since April 1994. My experience covers all levels from beginner to proficiency. In addition, I have successfully prepared students for the following examinations: Pitman elementary, Pitman intermediate, FCE, CAE and CPE. With regard to Business English, I have taught from lower intermediate to advanced, assisting the latter with preparation for BEC (Business English Certificate) Primary, Vantage and Higher.
DoS experience - management background
As DoS, I was required to do the following: allocate students to classes according to ability; allocate teachers to classes based on their experience; produce timetables for intensive and evening classes, and organise substitution for absent teachers. Furthermore, I had to monitor student progress in the 4 skill areas and keep appropriate records, e.g. mock examinations. This ensured that the students were given professional advice visone-aone-vis the examinations they were to be entered for. Finally, it was my responsibility to make sure that the students were properly prepared for these examinations, and that the teachers knew what was involved by doing so. With regard to the Cambridge exams, IH/lLC Brno entered 34 students in June 2002, of which 32 passed. This constituted one of best years ever for examination results.
ABB - industry experience
From 2002 to 2003, I was employed as a native speaking administrator for the international company ABB.
My duties included:
- proofreading workflow procedures on the ABB Intranet for coherence,
- writing articles for the company intranet,
- updating the division's database,
- proofreading my superior's correspondence,
- giving practical on-the-spot help for better communication in English.
From September 2006 to 2012, I was employed as a qualified Business English teacher on
the college's Undergraduate English programme at Cambridge Business English Certificate (BEC)
Primary, Vantage and Higher levels.
My duties included:
- the syllabus design for each student group allocated to me,
- the overall responsibility for the delivery of the course for each semester as specified,
- the continuous assessment of students in those groups allocated to me,
- the final allocation of grades based on performance in the fourth semester,
- the regular communication of student issues to the rector,
- the regular communication and resolution of issues between course leader and the students, e.g. poor attendance, failed papers and retake options,
- the regular updating of the college's electronic index system,
- the provision of consultation hours to aid face-to-face communication and solution of issues.
Online English teaching
Since March 2012, I have been working as an online English teacher offering Business and General English courses which have been designed to provide my students with essential speaking opportunities, accurate pronunciation models, vocabulary acquisition and grammar input, all of which are taught through the four skills of listening, writing, reading and speaking.